Applications close 17 August 2020
WOMADelaide features seven open-air stages with music and dance performances, street theatre/site installation artists, workshops, the Taste the World cooking program, the Planet Talks environmental discussions program, a KidZone and more.
See our website archives for previous programs. Broadly speaking, we present traditional and contemporary, original music (not covers) of a high standard. Commercial rock, opera and R&B are not usually featured and a strong live show is an important consideration.
The program of around 60 groups is selected by the festival office in Adelaide. If you are invited to perform, we provide a performance fee, return flights, per diems and visas (if applicable) plus local accommodation, production/technical, marketing/publicity and ground transport.
For invited artists being toured by a promoter, we provide a delivered/landed fee plus local accommodation, production/technical, marketing/publicity and ground transport. The promoter is responsible for flights, per diems and visas in this instance.
Please note –
- Over 500 applications are usually received each year.
- You will receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. After that, no further emails will be sent by the festival office unless more information is needed or an invitation is forthcoming.
- Unfortunately, there is not enough time to service ongoing enquiries or to advise if you have not been successful.
- We do not take applications for workshops, Taste the World, The Planet Talks or KidZone.
- Links to download files via Dropbox/WeTransfer (or similar) will not be opened.
Please note that at the time of writing (June 2020), travel/border restrictions apply, due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. The program will be developed in accordance with the relevant government health advice and our event management timelines.
Thank you for your understanding.