Stay Safe at WOMADelaide 2021
WOMADelaide will be conducted in accordance with SA Health direction and our comprehensive, approved COVID Management Plan. Any necessary updates will be provided via our website here and direct communication with ticket purchasers. Vulnerable persons should talk to their doctor about what is appropriate for them.
The wellbeing of our audience, our artists and our staff remains one of WOMADelaide’s priorities and we have put in place comprehensive measures to comply with Government guidelines and current public health advice. You may notice some changes when booking, attending and interacting with this year’s program because of these changes, so please read the information on this page carefully and feel free to contact us at any time with any questions. It is a condition of entry for all patrons that they agree to follow our COVID Safe protocols.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
BEFORE THE EVENT
- Ensure that you have provided correct contact information at the time of purchase. This is a condition of entry.
- Check back to this page to make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest guidelines and event information.
ARRIVING AT THE EVENT
- Arrive early to help avoid congestion.
- Check-in using the mySA GOV app.
- Enter the park at your allocated gate (this will be outlined in your ticket purchase confirmation email).
- Limit the number and size of bags you bring and have any bags ready for inspection as you approach the gate to make security checks faster and safer.
- Please use the sanitising stations upon entry.
DURING THE EVENT
- Look out for and be aware of COVID-19 signage and follow any directions given by festival staff or volunteers.
- Do not move your reserved seating. These have been appropriately spaced to aligned with COVID-safe standards.
LEAVING THE EVENT
- Please be patient and respect others when exiting the event to maintain physical distancing at all times.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
WOMADelaide has established a dedicated Covid Safe Compliance team who will oversee the implementation of our COVID Management Plan across all areas of operation. The rigorous procedures we have developed to ensure a COVID Safe environment for our audience, artists, contractors and staff include measures such as:
- Provision of extra space around the stages and open areas
- Redesigned entry points and queue management
- Extra sanitation stations and toilet facilities
- Site design to enable distancing around food service areas
- Increased cleaning schedules
- Additional support staff to assist patrons
- Operational contingencies to respond to changing health advice
PLAY YOUR PART
Staying COVID Safe is everyone’s responsibility. We all need to play our part in helping to protect each other so we can enjoy the festival safely.
1. Stay Home If Unwell
Most importantly, if you have symptoms (even if mild), do not attend, get tested and self-isolate. If you cannot attend due to exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms we will refund your purchase.
2. Wash Hands Regularly
Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands regularly and cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
3. Maintain Physical Distancing
Aim to keep approximately 1.5 metres distance from those around you, and interact closely with only your household or attending social group.
4. Download the COVIDSafe app
Download and run the official COVIDSafe app to assist contacting people exposed to coronavirus COVID-19.