WOMADelaide bars will once again be cashless in 2019.
WOMADelaide bars* will again be cashless in 2019, accepting only card payment for greater speed of service and ease of transaction.
Accepted credit/debit cards are Visa, MasterCard and Diners, processing EFTPOS and PayWave/PayPass.
Please come prepared!
If you do not currently have a card, we encourage you to organise a pre-paid debit card before arriving at the festival. These can be easily obtained through many financial institutions, or instore via Australia Post.
- Payment via credit loaded onto your RFID Festival Wristband is not offered in 2019.
- AMEX or other cards not listed above will not be accepted.
*Other festival services - stalls, TTW Restaurant, WoShop etc. - will still variously receive cash and/or card payments.
$3 Charge | $2 Refund on Return
As part of our zero-waste-to-landfill target and our engagement with circular economy practices, all cups at WOMADelaide bars are re-usable.
- A $3 charge will be applied to your first purchase
- This is now your cup! Hold onto it until you want another drink
- Continue to use your cup* at any of our bar areas (you can exchange your cup for a new one if you wish)
- At the end of your festival experience, return your cup to the bar for a $2 refund
- Cups can also be returned via the donation bins located at main bars and exits at the end of the night. These refunds will then be donated to the WOMADelaide Foundation.
- You can alternatively take your cup home as a souvenir, although we would encourage you to return all cups so they can be re-used at future festivals and events - the circular economy!
*In line with public health standards, WOMADelaide has a strict non-contamination policy and our bar staff are trained to provide hygenic service of beverages using re-usable cups.
$10 Deposit – Refund on return of bottle (with deposit card)
Each wine bottle purchased will require a $10 deposit. A deposit card will be issued and must be returned to the bar with the bottle in order to receive the deposit refund. Bottles are not to be removed from the park.