We’re proud to bring you a stellar line-up of artists from all over the world to perform exclusively at WOMADelaide 2017.
Austrian electro-swing stars Parov Stelar are sure to get you on your feet, the curious experiential theatre of Cie Ekart and Carabosse will enthrall you as you explore Botanic Park, and eclectic sounds from the traditional (see Hanoi Masters) to the modern (see Inna Modja) will hopefully expand your record collection! All are performing exclusively in Australia at WOMADelaide 2017 this March.
“Since 1992 WOMADelaide has always been an extraordinary meeting point of cultures, performances and artistic creativity from around the world and the WOMADelaide 2017 lineup truly showcases this diversity of cultural experience for the widest possible audience” said WOMADelaide director Ian Scobie.
There’s something to surprise and delight everyone this year, only at WOMADelaide 2017!
WOMADelaide 2017 Australian exclusives:
- 9 Bach (Wales) Australian Debut
- Ana Tijoux (Chile) Australian Debut (pictured)
- Aurelio (Honduras) Australian Debut
- Bamba Wassoulou Groove (Mali) Australian Debut
- Bokanté (USA / Guadeloupe) Australian Debut
- Brushy One String (Jamaica) Australian Debut
- Carabosse (France)
- Cie Ekart (France)
- Emir Kusturica and the No Smoking Orchestra (Serbia) (pictured)
- Fuel Fandango (Spain) Australian Debut
- Hanoi Masters (Vietnam) Australian Debut
- Inna Modja (Mali) Australian Debut (pictured)
- Les Goulus (France)
- Mercedes Peon (Spain) Australian Debut
- Orquesta Tipica Fernandez Fierro (Argentina)
- Oumou Sangaré (Mali)
- Parov Stelar (Austria) Australian Debut
- Piyut Ensemble (Israel) Australian Debut
- Sans Compagnie Fixe (France) Australian Debut
- Sinkane (Sudan / USA)
- The Soil (South Africa) Australian Debut
- Sudha Ragunathan (India)
- TAGO (South Korea) Australian Debut
Also welcoming to Australia for the very first time:
- The Hot 8 Brass Band (USA)
- La Mambanegra (Colombia)