Before proceeding it’s important that you read the following Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully. These conditions are the basis upon which bookings are accepted. If you do not agree with the following Terms and Conditions of Sale then please do not proceed with your booking.
Page last updated 30 October 2023
For any attendance requirements due to COVID-19 restrictions please refer to the latest information from SA Health.
Current government guidelines do not require patrons to be vaccinated.
WOMADelaide may update COVID-safe requirements for any event as directed by SA Health. All ticket buyers will be notified of updates relating to COVID-19.
Providing correct contact details is a condition of sale. This also applies to complimentary tickets and staff tickets. If people are unwilling to provide their contact details, they will be refused entry.
Your wristband is your access to the festival. Every wristband is uniquely identified, linking the pre-purchased ticket back to the purchaser. You CANNOT share your wristband. Multi day tickets come in the form of one wristband which gains you entry and exit over the selected festival days. Once a wristband has been removed it becomes void.
The event organiser reserves the right to change the line-up, program, and/or playing schedule without notice.
WOMADelaide does not offer a ticket resale facility. Tickets purchased via unauthorised third-party sellers may not be valid, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
Pricing and Payment Methods
- Purchases can be made online, or during the event (unless sold out prior). If you do not have access to a computer please call our office on 1300 496 623 Mon – Fri between 10 – 4pm.
- We accept VISA and Mastercard, debit cards, but not American Express or Diners.
- Advertised ticket prices are in $AUD and include GST where applicable. Prices do not include administration, postage or bank credit card charges.
- WOMADelaide is cashless - No cash sales will be accepted.
- FEES & CHARGES - the ticket prices advertised are exclusive of fees and charges. The only payment form accepted is credit card whereby a Merchant Service Fee (MSF) is calculated.
Concession Categories and Companion Cards
- The following card holders are entitled to concession price tickets -
- Full-time Student Card
- Australian Pensioner Card
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Veteran Card (Department of Veterans’ Affairs)
- YHA Members
- Please bring valid proof of Concession to the event as you may be required to show this at the gates.
- Seniors Card holders are not eligible for Concession prices.
- The WOMADelaide Foundation is a participant of the National Companion Card scheme, offering disabled patrons holding a current companion card a second ticket for their accompanying companion at no charge. Present your companion card at the onsite box offices when you arrive.
Ticket / Delivery Terms
- Upon successful completion of your purchase a confirmation email is sent to your nominated email address, please note that this is simply confirmation of your order, not your entry ticket. Please note, if the email does not appear in your inbox check your spam folder. Purchasers will be allocated a barcoded wristband; this wristband is your entry and exit to the Festival.
- We can only post tickets within Australia. If you currently reside overseas, it is preferable that you enter a shipping address of a friend or relative who is based in Australia. If this poses issues for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We anticipate postage of wristbands to start December 2023. Every wristband is uniquely identified by a barcode linking the wristband to the purchaser. Fit your posted wristband prior to your arrival. You must leave your wristband on for the duration of its validity.
- Unauthorised sale or duplication of your ticket may result in you being denied entry to the venue. The venue and/or the event manager are not responsible for any inconvenience caused by such unauthorised sale or duplication. In the event that duplicate copies of a ticket are presented at the gate, we reserve the right to deny entry to all parties.
- Tickets of equal value can be exchanged (unless sold out). Dependant on capacity and availability tickets can be upgraded from individual days to 3- or 4-day types. Youth or concession can be upgraded to an adult type. Child tickets cannot be upgraded.
- We do not downgrade tickets for any other reason.
Ages are calculated at the date of entry to the event. Please ensure you purchase the correct ticket type for your age.
Children Under 13
Children aged between 3-12 will be required to wear a barcoded wristband to enter the Festival. Child tickets must be added at the time of purchase of adult tickets to adhere to capacity requirements. Complimentary child tickets will not be available at the gates.
Each adult ticket purchaser can bring up to 2 children 12 years and under for free. Additional Children’s tickets can be purchased. Enter the total number of children you intend to bring along in the Child ticket selection below and the pricing will be calculated automatically in the cart.
Children must enter with a ticketed parent/guardian/responsible adult - unaccompanied children will not gain access. Ages are calculated at the date of entry to the festival.
Discounted tickets are available for youths aged 13 – 17. There is no requirement to be accompanied by a parent or guardian when entering or attending the festival.
However, it is a condition of the event Liquor License that after midnight all people under the age of 18 must be in the company and supervision of an adult.
Any patron under the age of 18 must be in the company and supervision of an adult whilst in a dedicated bar area.
Please choose your ticket(s) carefully. In accordance with Live Performance Australia’s Code of Practice for Event Ticketing, event management does not offer refunds for the following reasons:
- Failure to attend the event
- Change of mind
- Everyday circumstances
- Changes to the line-up/program
- Inclement/severe weather - this is an all-weather event
- Late attendance
- Refused entry or eviction from the event
- Event dissatisfaction
- Fear of exposure to COVID-19
- COVID-19 or COVID-19 related symptoms
- No refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of the Event
- Artist cancellations
- WOMADelaide may offer discretionary refunds for extenuating circumstances relating to health or personal reasons. Supporting documentation, such as a medical certificate, may be requested. Refunds include the value of the tickets only.
In the unlikely case that WOMADelaide is cancelled, rescheduled and/or relocated, the full value of the ticket(s), shall be refunded.
For full Australian ticketing codes of practice, please visit www.liveperformance.com.au
Feedback and Complaints
WOMADelaide is committed to having an environment where feedback and complaints are welcomed, and we view issues raised as an opportunity to improve. Anyone may make a complaint or provide feedback.
We are committed to ensuring that anyone is able to make a complaint easily and it is dealt with quickly, fairly and sensitively. We will make every effort to resolve the complaints we receive to the satisfaction of everyone involved.
For details, please email email@example.com or call us on 08 8271 1488
- On entry to the festival you will be fitted with a wristband corresponding to your ticket type, you must leave your wristband on for the duration of its validity. Wristbands that have been removed or damaged are void and will not be accepted.
- Scan into the venue, Entry and exit is via Barcoded wristband.
- WOMADelaide reserves the right to refuse entry to any person who is unable to produce a valid wristband or seeks to gain entry to the Festival with a duplicate wristband that has already been presented, or produces a wristband purchased or obtained from an unauthorised source or through illegal means.
- All bags will be inspected by security upon entry.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the venue any person behaving in a threatening or inappropriate manner (aggressive, riotous, abusive, or insulting actions) towards other patrons or event staff.
- Alcohol, illicit drugs, glass containers, and animals (except guide and assistant animals) are prohibited from being brought into the venue. Bags will be inspected by security upon entry.
- WOMADelaide reserves the right to evict a patron if they are involved in any illegal activity, including underage drinking. The offender will have their wristband removed, the matter referred to the Police, and be escorted from the festival site.
- The event manager takes no responsibility for lost or damaged property.
- The event manager reserves the right to view proof of eligibility for Concession ticket purchases.
- This is an all-weather event and will go ahead, rain or shine. You agree to wear adequate clothing and footwear for an all-weather outdoor event, suited to the time of year and the weather conditions on the day. Suitable shoes and protective clothing are recommended especially if the weather has been wet or hot.
- Patrons consent to being included in any photography, film and/or sound recordings within the event or its surrounds, and grant the right to this information being used by us or by third-parties directly associated with the event for future marketing or promotional purposes.
- Management reserves the right to eject from the venue any person behaving in a threatening or inappropriate manner (aggressive, riotous, abusive, or insulting actions) towards other patrons or event staff. In this case no readmission will be permitted.
- No busking or performing within the event or its surrounds without prior written permission from the event manager.
- No flyering or pamphletting is permitted in any surrounding areas.
- No person shall interfere with plants, water fixtures or any other installation within the venue.
- In keeping with South Australian Government health regulations banning smoking / vaping from all outdoor dining areas, the event is a smoke-free event. Patrons wishing to smoke/vape will be able to do so in the designated smoking areas marked on the event map.
- The venue is licensed. Patrons attending the event must comply with all liquor licensing laws. In order to purchase and/or consume alcohol at the event, patrons must be over the age of 18 and have valid photo ID. It is a condition of the Liquor Licence for the event that any patron under the age of 18 must be in the company and supervision of an adult.
Promotional offers are only available online at womadelaide.com.au
Promotional offers are only valid if the ticket or event has not sold out or reached capacity.
Promotional offers are not valid on already discounted ticket types or payment plans.
Payment plans are available for 4-day and 3-day WOMADelaide festival tickets purchased between August 29 and November 30 - 2023
Festival tickets ordered via payment plan require an initial payment of 10% of the order, plus fees. All subsequent payments will be automatically charged on a fortnightly basis from the date of order to the credit card used for the initial payment. The remainder of instalments will be equally divided. Please ensure your credit card has available funds and is valid during the time to pay period.
All instalments must be finalised by January 15- 2024
While the payment plan is only available for 4-day and 3-day tickets, you can buy single-day tickets in the same transaction as a payment plan ticket – you will simply need to pay for the single-day ticket up front when you pay the initial 10% charge for the payment plan.
If a scheduled instalment fails to process, the system will attempt daily to deduct the funds and catch up on any outstanding payments.
WOMAD ticketing staff will do their best to contact customers whose instalment payments have failed, and can charge to “catch up” payments if necessary, but the customer will need to remain aware of their scheduled payment dates and ensure that their credit card has sufficient balance to handle each instalment.
To utilise the payment plan option please select “payment plan” as the payment method at the checkout.
Other discount prices offered are not available through the Payment Plan.
Payment plan schedules cannot be changed, and unless required under applicable Trade Practices and Consumer Protection laws, you will not be entitled to a refund or exchange during the pay by instalment process. It is your responsibility to ensure that the credit card account details you have provided are correct and up to date and you have sufficient clear funds available in the account on the scheduled payment dates. If, for any reason, any of your payments are declined, in whole or in part, WOMADelaide will contact you requesting payment. Any fees charged to you by your banking institution will be payable by you.
Tickets purchased under the Pay by Instalment plan will not be delivered until all payments have been made. Once full payment has been received, you will receive an email advising that your wristband(s) (entry ticket) will be posted via your selected delivery method.
By purchasing with the Pay by Instalment plan, you agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Payment plan tickets are subject to all other terms and conditions of the WOMADelaide ticketing agreement.
Donations can be made in the form of one-off donations or regular donations.
WOMADelaide will determine where the funds are directed within its activities and charitable objectives. Where a donation is designated for a specific purpose, WOMADelaide will use its reasonable endeavours to direct that donation to that purpose.
Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible, depending on your personal tax position. Donors making one-off donations of $2 or more will receive a receipt for each donation and receipts for regular donations are sent to supporters at the end of each financial year.
If you have made an error in making your donation to WOMADelaide, we will happily honour your request for a refund made within 10 working days of your donation. After this time, all donations made are non-refundable.
To request a refund, please call WOMADelaide on (08) 8271 1488. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Gift vouchers are non – refundable and not redeemable for cash.
Gift vouchers can be redeemed for any day of the festival (unless sold out prior to). No change will be given. Vouchers can be redeemed online. Gift Vouchers are valid for a three-year period from the date of purchase. Vouchers and their unique voucher ID should be treated like cash. WOMADelaide disclaims any responsibility for lost or stolen cards.
WOMADelaide Terms & Conditions of Sale apply, which can be viewed above.
Gift vouchers cannot be used online to purchase tickets from third party ticketing sites, e.g. Ticketek.