ORSO and the Polenta Stars
Taste the World Restaurant
André Ursini returns to WOMADelaide with ORSO & the Polenta Stars as the chef in residence at our Taste the World Restaurant. Serving dishes inspired by Australia's multicultural tapestry, for $65 each, guests will be served a six-dish feast including dessert. You can also stop past the neighbouring Wilmott’s Bar to enjoy a drink and delicious bar snacks.
Six-Dish Shared Feast
($65 per head, excluding beverages)
- Georgian phali (spinach drops), walnut, pomegranate
- Porcini, truffle and mushroom arancini, confit garlic aioli
- Gin and beetroot cured salmon, horseradish crème, dill
- Moroccan chicken with saffron, chickpeas with preserved lemon, coriander, mint, sumac, cumin spiced cous cous
- Cider and fennel braised pork neck, pan jus, cannellini bean, fresh red cabbage, apple & juniper kraut
- Lemon thyme & vanilla mousse, summer berries, orange polenta cake
Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options are available. Please select the ticket that is suitable for your diet when booking.
SUPRA - Friday, 6pm
($45 per head, excluding beverages)
Join the performers from Iberi for this unforgettable, unique Georgian experience!
The traditions of Supra, as an important part of Georgian social culture, were inscribed on the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Georgia list in 2017. Finding a feast, dinner or any gathering where alcohol is drunk without giving any toasts, or singing, is impossible, and that’s why Georgia considers this tradition to be a piece of art. It’s structured and organised in accordance to centuries-old traditions and the authenticity of Supra is proven with the toasts proposed by the ‘Tamada’, the leader of each friendly gathering. The Tamada is considered to have done a great job if he has made all of the traditional toasts in a new and interesting way, has kept the guests entertained and, obviously, kept a clear mind after a few drinks.
Seven dishes will be served –
- Bazhe (chicken in walnut sauce)
- Khachapuri (cheese cake/bread)
- Aubergine rolls
- Phali (spinach balls)
- Lobio (kidney bean stew)
- Chadi (corn griddle cake)
- Ajapsandali (vegetable stew)
Please note that only some of the dishes being offered at this special sitting are vegetarian/vegan, others are not.
One sitting only, maximum of 100 people, book here.
To secure a table simply click on the link below and follow the prompts. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options are fully catered for. Please select the menu that is suitable for your diet.
Bookings are essential, as space is limited.
PLEASE NOTE: You must also have a ticket to WOMADelaide on the day of your booking to dine at the Taste the World Restaurant.